According to the laws here in Canada, grief only affects you for three days… because that’s when your employer is federally entitled to stop paying you.
From industrial revolution-era labour laws to a game of “bereavement laws – true or false?”, join Maria and Ammo as they uncover just how little The Boss Man cares. Finally, they’ve got some pointers to help workplaces better equip themselves for when an employee’s loved one passes away.
- Federal bereavement leave laws
- Ontario bereavement leave laws
- How to Support Employees Experiencing Grief and Loss via Forbes
- Weird Canadian Laws
- When a Colleague is Grieving vs Harvard Business Review
- How to Offer Support to a Grieving Colleague via Harvard Business Review
- “I’m scared of being buried as the wrong gender” via BBC
- Spain begins an epic economics experiment in universal basic income