Welcome thanatology. Or, as we like to call it – Death 101.
In this episode, Maria teaches you (and Ammo) what exactly this scientific study of death is and why education in this area is so very important.
There are also some key goals in education in the thanatology space, which they both explore. These goals are based on thanatology to live a better, happier life… a Philotimo Life! From helping in personal enrichment, future planning, and participating in society, all the way to vocational training and dealing with loss – you’ll see why they’re both so hot on death literacy.
- What is Thanatology via Britannica
- What is a thanatologist via VeryWellHealth
- The cost of dying in Ontario via CBC
- Breaking down the cost of a funeral in Canada via LSM Insurance
- Ontario Works covers costs for funerals
- Careers in Death via TalkDeath