Pop quiz: how many stages of grief are there?
...WRONG! The question should be, which grief model applies to you and in which way? In this episode, Maria and Ammo go through entirely different models of grieving. That’s right – there’s more than just the five stages model that we’re all so familiar with… but they also touch on why you’re remembering that one incorrectly, too!
Focusing on the story of a man called Edgar, they apply the Elisabeth Kubler-Ross ‘Five Stages Model’ and other ones such as the ‘Attachment Model,’ the ‘Phase Model,’ and more.
- Five Stages of Grief - Kubler-Ross Model
- Parkes and Bowlby Grief Models
- Beyond the five stages of grief (a reference to Colin Murray Parkes’ model)
- The One thing no one ever says about grieving
- What does grief feel like? Via The Guardian
- 21 Ways to Help Someone You Love Through Grief via TIME